Day of Your Event
Wear your Compassion T-shirt.
Don’t forget to wear your Compassion T-shirt (mailed in your Event Kit) so your church members can easily spot you after you share.
Set up your sponsorship table.
- If possible, hang the poster on the wall behind the table.
- Set up the tabletop display.
- Spread the child packets out on the table.
- Be familiar with the child packets you have available — the age, country and gender of each child.
- Place pens between the packets for easy access.
- If you have photos or letters from your sponsored child, feel free to display them for prospective sponsors to see.
- If you have your own technology (iPad, laptop, etc.), bring it so you can display your sponsorship webpage for those who are interested.
Pray, relax and get ready.
We can’t emphasize enough, that in everything, ask God for His help. And know we’ll be praying for you too!
Give your presentation.
This is YOUR story and you tell it best. Simply show the video, share from your heart and give the invitation.
Help people sign up.
- Go to the sponsorship table immediately following your presentation.
- Answer questions about the sign-up process, as well as common questions people have about sponsorship.
- When someone selects a child to sponsor, have them fill out the form, tear it off and leave it with you. They may take the child packet home with them.
- Some people are looking for a very specific child (age, gender, country). If that child is not represented in your child packets, have them fill out the form in the non-specific child packet.
Go the extra mile.
- Leave your table up for a few weeks.
- Make a follow-up announcement next week.
- Ask your Sunday school classes and youth group to sponsor a child.
- Use the web button and other resources here to post to your church’s social media accounts.
Hosting a Compassion Sunday is one of the most meaningful ministries I’ve ever participated in. Families and individuals go away thrilled to be part of something really meaningful.